Working tirelessly behind the scenes, our executive committee ensure the ‘i’s are dotted, the ‘t’s are crossed and our equipment makes us sound as awesome to you as it does to us. Here you can find out all about us and what made us do what we do and you can contact us at any time by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org:
Craig Ferriman – Chairman
Mitch Egan CB – Treasurer
Rosemary Allix – Secretary
Ruth Sax – Fundraising
Mel Dixon – PR Manager
Our Committee’s pledge is:
To give it our best shot, always. And to
Put the wellbeing, development and progress of Coastway and its members first
- Use professional expertise and judgement to do the best for the station.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety and wellbeing of members.
- Publish Coastway policies and procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities of members.
- Establish and maintain appropriate professional boundaries in relationships with others.
- Ensure the use of appropriate channels to raise concerns about anything that has a negative impact on the station.
Take responsibility for maintaining the quality of output.
- Encourage members to improve their programmes.
- Actively seek out opportunities to develop knowledge, understanding, skills and practice.
Helps members to become confident and successful broadcasters
- Help members to understand their responsibilities.
- Listen to members, consider their views and preferences, and involve them in as many activities as is appropriate.
- Expect/ Communicate high expectations.
- Promote confidence and self-awareness by providing clear and specific feedback, and celebrating successes.
- Demonstrate respect for diversity and promotes equality.
Strive to establish productive partnerships with the hospital and the relevant wider community.
- Considers views and perspectives of others.
- Follows policies and procedures in regard to communication with, and involvement of others.
Demonstrate respect for diversity and promote equality.
- Act appropriately towards all colleagues, whatever their background, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion or belief.
- Take responsibility for understanding and complying with Coastway’s policies relating to equality of opportunity, and access.
- Ensure that all concerns are addressed through the appropriate channels.
- Help to create a fair and inclusive environment by taking steps to improve the wellbeing, development and progress of all.
- Help members to understand different views, perspectives, and experiences and develop positive relationships both within Coastway and in the local community.
Work as part of a team.
- Aid the development of productive and supportive relationships with all colleagues.
- Exercise any leadership and management responsibilities in a respectful, inclusive and fair way.
- Uphold Coastway policies and procedures.
- Contribute to colleagues’ learning and development; providing honest, accurate, and justifiable comments when assessing the performance of, colleagues.
- Encourage members to participate in development and improvement activities other than just their programme.
- Recognise the important role of Coastway in the life of the local community, and take responsibility for upholding its reputation and building trust and confidence in it.
- Ensure that everybody is clear about individual contributions to joint working.
- Promote an understands that in sharing responsibility for the station’s wellbeing and development members should always act with regard to its polices.
Demonstrate honesty and integrity and uphold public trust and confidence in the station.
- Help members to exercises their responsibilities in a fair, transparent and honest way.
- Understand that their duty is to respect confidentiality.
- Avoid taking advantage of their status.
- Maintain standards in personal behaviour that enables the maintenance an effective environment and also to upholds public trust and confidence in Coastway.